DefinIT facilitates both the assembly and management of fully integrated schedules of services for
major construction projects using the CIC Scope of Services versions.
It is designed to look and behave like a spreadsheet, with rows identifying tasks and columns showing responsibilities.
This simple approach makes it very quick to learn and obvious in its use.
DefinIT enables you to easily define each participant’s tasks by placing the organisation's icon in each relevant cell.
You can then see at a glance who is planning to undertake each activity and whether there are gaps;
or indeed overlaps where two or more are proposing to do the same task.
In addition you can strike through those tasks that are not relevant on the project.
You can then communicate the details via a wide range of print options.
DefinIT enables you to easily define the tasks required to deliver the definition of the project ready for construction.
First, you delete those tables and tasks not required. The you allocate the tasks to be undertaken to the appropriate participant
(consultant, specialist or contractor), by selecting the relevant cells and dropping in the organisation's icon.
You can therefore see at a glance the tasks required and who is to undertake each task, identifying gaps and overlaps.
A wide range of print options allows easy communication of the tasks allocated to each participant and the allocation of tasks
across the project.
Draft scopes of services can be shared by all members of the project team by email.
DefinIT and the CIC Scope of Services
DefinIT facilitates the use of the Construction Industry Council (CIC) Scope of Services, the integrated and detailed scopes of services for use
by members of the project team undertaking the definition process (design and related activities) on major building projects.
The CIC Services provides clients with a full menu of integrated services that will be required for the complete definition of the project to
be constructed, regardless of whether it is to be done by a consultant, specialist or contractor.
Particular tasks are allocated to the most appropriate participant, thereby always defining interfaces between parties and avoiding gaps
or misunderstandings. The CIC Services and DefinIT provide the only industry standard documentation that provides the clarity
and integration necessary to deliver design that can deliver client value.
Using the CIC Services results in the
● integration of multiple disciplines to achieve project objectives;
● transparent responsibilities for project definition tasks;
● clarity of inter-relationships and interfaces between definition tasks;
● elimination of inconsistencies, and over and under-laps between individual scopes;
● team alignment, based on clear expectations and shared understanding;
● flexibility to respond to project definition outputs, eg as procurement routes are agreed;
● leading to elimination of waste, giving greater efficiency and team effectiveness.
DefinIT usage and charges
The 30-day trial version of DefinIT allows you to experiment with the software of a demo project. Once you have purchased a full licence
you can create and work on as many project proposals as you wish, sharing your proposals with others.
These will initially be marked “draft” and are for use in setting up the services required for a project, agreeing contracts, going out to tender
or negotiating contracts with participants.
Once a project gets the go-ahead and contract documentation is to be drawn up, licensed copies of the scopes of services need to
be printed. This attracts a charge for each contract between the client and a participant (whether undertaking one role or more than one).
Subsequent edits and reprints of the contract for the same participant can be made free of charge. When printing for contract use, details
about the project etc., are recorded and your organisation will be invoiced by Oasys at regular intervals.
If you have a hard copy of the CIC Scope of Services, the licence code on the card bound into the front gives you a £50 credit for one
contract between the client and a participant.
● Standard spreadsheet style interface with each table in separate easy to navigate tabs. Quick access to all the functionality on the
● Initial wizard to quickly identify all the tasks that are relevant to the current project.
● Visual representation of all participants giving a quick view of the task allocations.
● Add new tasks, change existing tasks and add comments to the tasks.
● Peace of mind that you are the effective owner of the Project file once a Contract is generated by an organization.
● No one else can print Contracts after your first print - their prints will automatically revert to drafts
● Clearly identifiable draft contract for initial tendering and review of the Contract.
● Final Contracts with clear note on each page with details of Project name, Client and Participant.
● One time charge for a Contract between the Client and a participant of a Project. No additional charges for edits and reprints.